Isn’t that an exquisite picture! Anyone who is not indifferent to the typical pumpkin aroma and taste and to a rich source of vitamins, minerals, acids of protein of plant origin, for happiness will consider this dish to feast on. Soft smooth texture of lean dough. Bright tender filling with an unusual combination of products. Not only gourmets will like this yummy vegan food!
Tofu Do not worry that he will eclipse other products. Possessing a neutral taste and aroma, soy cheese is in full submission to its orange companion. But he will never dissolve in his charm. This source of vegetable protein and many benefits brilliantly copes with its other role. Like a real gentleman, he only delicately emphasizes the aroma of pumpkin, another filling heroine.
Pumpkin. Low-calorie valuable product with high nutritional value, intensely orange tint and great aroma. Its sugary thick flesh and gives the dish a swash. Chopped into a small cube, combined with spices and tofu, it is unique! A lean dough? Gentle, elastic, easy to prepare, pleasant to sculpt, complemented by a filling with a beautiful orange tint and a specific aroma, it will be written on the menu of any vegan.
Serve with heat, in a warm and even chilled form with any vegan gravy. A hearty breakfast, lunch or dinner with dumplings with such aromatic, tasty and juicy filling what could be better! By the way, pumpkin-like filling turns out to be delicious in the company of cashew cheese, spinach, pear, lentils, zucchini and many other products.
Vegetarian Pumpkin Dumplings Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Vegan
- Method: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- Egg replacer for 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- Optional: 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese or vegan Parmesan
- Gather the ingredients.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, egg replacer, salt, nutmeg, and baking powder.
- Slowly add the flour to form a soft dough.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add a bit of salt. With a wet spoon, carefully drop a teaspoon of the dough into the boiling water. Continue dropping teaspoons of dough into the water. Allow dumplings to boil for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from water and drain in a colander or on paper towels.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the margarine. Saute the dumplings for 7 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese or a vegan cheese substitute, if desired, and serve hot.
- Serving Size: 4-6
- Calories: 63kcal
Keywords: Vegetarian Pumpkin Dumplings