This vegan Italian salad is very simple, nutritious and satisfying, in addition, it is delicious and prepares in 15 minutes. It is perfect as a garnish or a single dish. How has your week been? Ours quite busy with the presentation of our book in Seville and organizing the presentations in Marbella, Malaga and Granada next week. As if this were not enough, on March 7 we go to Asia without a return ticket to travel backpacking, so we have many things to organize before we leave.
But let’s go to the recipe, which I roll up. It is based on a salad that is quite popular in the United States and is called Italian Chopped Salad (something like chopped Italian salad). The original recipe is not vegan because it contains cheese and cold cuts, but our vegan Parmesan cheese is a good alternative, as well as dried tomatoes.
It is a very tasty, complete and simple salad. It is prepared in less than 15 minutes and the dressing is spectacular, in fact it can be used for any other salad or even for other types of dishes.
Simple Vegan Italian Chopped Salad
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Vegan
- Method: Main Course
- Cuisine: Italian
- Diet: Vegan
- 10 dried tomatoes
- 85 g chopped lettuce ( 3 oz ), we use a mixture of various types
- 8 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup canned or cooked chickpeas ( 180 g )
- 1/4 cup black olives ( 50 g )
- 1/4 of chopped onion ( 30 g ), we use purple onion
- Vegan Parmesan cheese to taste (optional)
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil or 1 tablespoon of tahini + 1 of water
- 2 tablespoons of mustard
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoonful of oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- You can hydrate dried tomatoes about 20 minutes in hot water, in oil following our recipe or buy them already hydrated in oil.
- To make the dressing you just have to mix all the ingredients until they are well integrated.
- Pour all the ingredients in a bowl, add the dressing and stir. Serve immediately.
- If you are not going to serve the salad directly, it is best to keep the ingredients separately for about 3 days in the fridge in airtight containers.
- Serving Size: 2-4
- Calories: 212kcal
Keywords: Vegan Italian Chopped Salad