This is our last week in Cologne and although I am looking forward to going back, I will miss it very much. Germany is a country that I love and I have an excellent memory (well, if it did a little more sun and heat, would it be the perfect country?).
Here we have found an incredible variety of vegetables, full of color (there are pink and yellow chard). It is a shame that we have not had much time to make more recipes here because Alberto is very involved with the practices and also takes almost an hour to go and return to work, so the little time we had we have dedicated to basic tasks from the blog and enjoy the stay.
We did not want to leave without making at least a couple of recipes with products from here and as our entry on how to grill vegetables without oil was so successful (in fact it is the most popular recipe on our blog in English ), we have decided to make a version with roasted carrots.
In the photo below you can see the raw carrots, with the vinegar, oregano and pepper and fresh from the oven. We like to add the lemon at the end so that it does not lose nutrients when cooked.
- If you can’t find colored carrots, use orange carrots.
- Add your favorite herbs and spices.
- I recommend that you add lemon juice little by little because you may like it with less quantity than we do. In addition, the amount will also depend on the vinegar you use.
- It does not have to be balsamic vinegar, it can be of another type. Another option is to use soy sauce or tamari.
- We do not add salt, but if you want you can do it.
Oil Free Roasted Carrots Recipes
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Vegan
- Method: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Low Calorie
- 1 kilo of carrots ( 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- Black pepper to taste
- The juice of 1/2 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC or 390ºF.
- Wash and chop the carrots.
- Place them on a cookie sheet and add the vinegar, oregano and black pepper. Stir.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until carrots are cooked. The time may vary depending on each oven.
- Remove the tray from the oven and add the lemon juice.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 103kcal
Keywords: Oil Free Roasted Carrots