This macadamia nut cheese is one of my favorite vegan cheeses. It only has 8 ingredients and is ready in 10 minutes. It is the perfect snack! I have loved nuts since I was little, but in my house they ate the most typical ones like walnuts or almonds. When I grew up I tried cashews and fell in love, I thought they were the best nuts ever, until a few months ago when I tried macadamia nuts, they are not of this world!
I knew that I had to make a recipe with that delicacy of the gods, although if I am honest, as I like most they are as is, directly from the bag. Cheeses always succeed on the blog and you ask us a lot because it is the most difficult to give up when we take the step to veganism, that’s why it seemed like a good idea to make a macadamia nut cheese.
This recipe is inspired by our vegan cashew cheese , although in this case I have used miso instead of probiotics because it is easier to get. If you can’t find miso either, don’t worry because you can add a dash of tamari or soy sauce or more salt.
It is a heavy and high fat food, that is why it is thought to be eaten by many people or little by little, just as it is not usually eaten a cheese of whole animal origin. It is a personal matter, there are people who maybe just want to eat a little and others do not mind abusing.
Macadamia Nut Vegan Cheese Recipes
- Total Time: 10 minuntes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 and 1/2 cups of macadamia nuts ( 210 g )
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast or beer ( 4 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup of water ( 65 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of miso
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoonful of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Let the macadamia nuts soak in hot water for at least 1 hour. This step is not essential, although the texture of the cheese will be finer.
- Strain them and pour them into a food processor along with the rest of the ingredients and beat until they are perfectly integrated.
- You can eat the cheese directly, but it will taste better and firmer if you let it rest in the fridge.
- Place the mixture in a gauze, vegetable milk bag or napkin forming a ball and close the fabric by making a knot or with the help of a rubber or rubber band (see photo).
- Put the cheese in a fine mesh strainer over a bowl or container in case it releases liquid and leave it covered with a cloth in the fridge for at least 1 hour. The ideal is to leave it 24-36 hours (we leave it for 24 hours).
- It’s better freshly made, but you can keep it in the fridge in an airtight container for at least 10-15 days. We serve it with crackers, whole wheat pita and grapes.
You can use any type of miso. If you can’t find it, you can skip it, but it’s probably bland. Try the cheese before putting it on the cheesecloth and add more salt or a little tamari or soy sauce if necessary.
- Serving Size: 1/16
- Calories: 113kcal
Keywords: Macadamia Nut Vegan Cheese