One of the things that most find it hard to give up on most people who become vegan is dairy, among other things because they are addictive and because of their taste, but luckily there are more and more alternatives in stores and there are many recipes that we can prepare at home.
I have always loved yogurt, it was my daily dessert at noon and at night, so at first I had a hard time leaving it, but the effort was worth it for my health, for the planet and for the animals. Now I don’t eat desserts often because they slow me down and make digestion difficult, but that doesn’t mean I don’t indulge in sweet treats, I just try to eat them for breakfast or as a snack.
We have two yogurt recipes on the blog, a traditionally made soy yogurt and a vegan coconut yogurt that is made in no time. Some of you consume soy and others do not, that is why we made coconut yogurt, the problem is that young coconuts are not easy to find and they are also quite expensive, that is why we have made a new version with anarchs, which although they are not a cheap option, they are somewhat more affordable and easier to find.
- We haven’t tried using other nuts, so we don’t know if the recipe works, although you can try. If you do, we would appreciate it if you could leave us a comment with your experience.
- When the yogurt is freshly beaten and not yet fermented, it doesn’t taste very much like yogurt, but after 12 hours it will be perfect.
- If you do not add probiotics, yogurt will not taste the same and will not have the same beneficial properties for your intestinal flora.
Cultured Cashew Yogurt Recipes Very Tasty
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Vegan
- Method: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 2 and 2/3 cups raw and unsalted cashews ( 400 g )
- 1 and 1/2 cups of water ( 375 ml)
- 4 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 3 capsules of probiotics
- Let the cashews soak the night before.
- The next day strain them, wash them and put them in a mixer with the rest of the ingredients (except the probiotics). Whisk until smooth.
- Pour the yogurt into a bowl, add the content of 3 probiotic capsules (discard the container, add only the powders they have inside) and stir well.
- Cover with gauze or cloth and let stand at least 12 hours in a dark and dry place. After that time you can take your yogurt of the time or put it in the fridge for a while to make it fresher and richer.
- Serving Size: 6/8
- Calories: 252kcal
Keywords: Cashew Yogurt