Baked chickpeas are a perfect, protein-packed appetizer. They are tasty and crispy, easy to make and perfect for all kinds of dishes. Legumes are the base of any vegan diet. They are a great source of protein and are also very cheap. Therefore, baked chickpeas are one of my favorite snacks.
They can be taken in many forms: in soups, salads and even in your rice dishes to make them more varied and give them a different touch. I have prepared these baked chickpeas with spices and extra virgin olive oil to give them a delicious flavor. In addition, they are very crispy and you can take them as a snack, a snack or even incorporate them into your vegetable creams to make a more complete dish.
Baked chickpeas are a very simple, inexpensive and easy to make snack. It is very tasty and nutritious, it is full of protein and you only need chickpeas, olive oil (extra virgin of course), salt and some spices, nothing else!
- It is important to remove excess water from the chickpeas well before putting them in the oven.
- You can help yourself with a kitchen cloth or towel to remove excess water well.
- Discard skins that come off chickpeas.
- It is also important to bake them alone without any other ingredients so that they are crispier and stir them during the 30 minutes that they are baked without the spices.
Crispy Baked Chickpeas Recipes
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
- 1 and 1/2 cups of boiled or canned chickpeas ( 250 g )
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC or 375ºF.
- Put the chickpeas on a cookie sheet with baking paper and bake them for 30 minutes.
- Take the tray out of the oven and put the chickpeas in a bowl along with the rest of the ingredients and stir until they are well integrated.
- Bake 10-15 more minutes or until golden brown.
- You can eat them hot or cold. Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 week or in the freezer for 1 month.
- Serving Size: 2-4
- Calories: 109kcal